Friday, April 07, 2006

Anyone else trying to knit every row instead of purl?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this KAL - in fact, this is my very first KAL ever! I am knitting my forecast in Peace Fleece in Glasnost Gold, on size 8 needles. I started it on Saturday and haven't had a lot of time to knit this week, so I am actually on the row right after the first set of bobbles. I love making bobbles - I am making the 3 stitch version. I won't show a picture here because it doesn't look like much so far, but if anyone wants to see, I did post about it on my blog, Knitting Nerds.

When I first looked at the picture of this sweater, I was excited that it's mostly in garter stitch (because I sort of hate purling). But then of course, after examining the pattern closely, I realized that the pattern is written to be mostly purling. So I decided to re-think the pattern so that it's mostly knitting. I mean, I am sure that the designer made it all purling for a reason, but the knit version is working out fine so far. I think my increases might look a little wierd, but it's hard to tell yet. It is hard to keep track of where to knit and where to purl when I am doing the reverse side of the cable chart, but I think I can mark those with stitch markers. Has anyone else attempted a "knit every row" Forecast? Does anyone know if I should just stop right now and redo it with purling, like is there some disaster ahead that I'm just not seeing?

I'm so excited to get this done, all the finished and nearly finished ones on this KAL look so great!

4 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

I'm purling all my rows. If there is a Larger Reason for all the purling (other than purling is the un-popular stitch) I haven't seen it. Good Luck!

3:22 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

If I'd been smart like you I would've knitted all the sttitches - I'm a slow purler. Though Forecast has helped me to speed up considerably on the purling front.

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Tipper said...

Stephanie herself addressed the issue here.

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Gen said...

Thanks so much for the feedback, I was really worried that I had missed something, and was debating starting over, but I'm just going to go ahead now!

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home