Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Squirmy Cables


Hello! I'm very glad to join this knit-along!! I'm interested to see how the colors and other variations change the character of Japel's design. I love the spectrum I've seen here: the pallet of greens, sunny yellow, blues of all shades. I'm working with a blue-green New England Highland wool, a rather coarse and irregular yarn, which I can't seem to photograph with any fidelity. I misread the cable pattern upside-down and with fewer repeats. I'm not so sure that this was a happy accident, as the cable has an uncomfortably squirmy look, but I haven't the heart to frog at this stage. I hope I don't regret this! In any event, I look forward to reading about other people's Forecasts!

6 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

Love that color...very rich looking.

1:19 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

Yeah, love the colour, and the texture that your cabling has. Maybe the mis-reading was meant to be?

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

That color is just stunning! The yarn seems perfectly suited to the pattern, and I like your bobbles just the way they are.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger carrie said...

that color really is luscious. like blueberries! and i like your bobbles. (i read the chart wrong, too, and decided not to frog.)

11:08 PM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

I like your cable! It looks just as nice upside-down.

1:43 PM

 
Blogger Nit One Perl Two said...

I am so happy I found your site. It appears we have more in common than knitting! I'll let you know when I complete the "world renound" triple lindee patern. It will be soon!

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home