Friday, February 03, 2006

Peace Fleece Forecast for Knitting Olympics

Figured I'd get this party started!

I'm Kim, from Vancouver, BC, and I can't wait to start this sweater.

I'm going to knit Forecast for the Knitting Olympics, so I'll cast on on February 10th during the opening ceremonies. I've never made anything with cables or bobbles, so I've enjoyed swatching so far. I'm using Peace Fleece in Samantha-Katya pink, and so far I think I'll knit the small size on size 9 Denise needles (this yarn is a little heavier than the 220 called for in the pattern). Here's what I've got (actually, I've bound off the swatch but don't have a photo):

Forecast swatch

I think I'll copy the modifications mentioned here -- I love the way her sweater turned out.

1 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

that color will come out fantastic!

i also have some peace fleece in my stash -- i currently get a 4"x4" swatch of 17sts and 23 rows in stockinette stitch. i'm lazy and dont want to do a garter swatch ;) how are you doing the size conversion? i'm thinking of embarking on the small 32.5" pattern size to output a more-or-less 36".

just wondering about the specs of your swatch. thanks, cheers!

10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home