Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Progress

I'm a bit ashamed that this is my first photo of my mother's Forecast... I guess my excuse is that my initial progress was so quick, I didn't want to stop knitting for long enough to take a photo!


As you can kind of see from the photo, I'm well on my way to finishing this. The endless ribbing with the tiny needles bugs me a bit, but Mum's birthday is fast approaching and spurring me on.

Although you can't really see it, this is a lovely dark navy wool - Cleckheaton Country 8-ply, and surprisingly soft for a run-of-the-mill Australian wool.

The only parts I truly hate are the beginnings of the sleeves, since they're too firm to just use my circular needle, and require me to use lots of needles (which I find messy and annoying); and the picking up of the stitches for the button bands, just because I hate picking up stitches.

I'm sure my progress would be better if I could do these parts first somehow, and the rest of the knitting afterwards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home