Monday, April 10, 2006

Forecast: FUN

I just cast on for my lovely Forecast sweater this weekend. I love, love, love the collar! After I'd gotten through the first bobble row I realized that I had read the cable chart wrong. This even after reading how others had done the same. I guess I had to see it to *see* it. So I frogged those rows and started over just above the collar. By the time I'd gotten that far I'd already learned the pattern so my second start has been really fun since the pattern is memorized making the knitting much more fun and a whole lot less confusing. I did my bobbles a little different because I didn't like how they were looking. They are Kfbf, turn, p3, turn, k2tog, k1, pass first st over. I like how they look this way.

One question on the Make 1's. I'm working the make 1's purlwise. Is that the right way? I'm a kinda new knitter (couple years) so I don't know a whole bunch about different types of stitches.

By way of introduction, my name is Jennifer and I don't have a blog. I'm kinda shy about sharing myself with strangers although I read at least 15 knitting blogs daily. I learned to knit a long time ago but just started really going crazy for it last winter. I started with scarves, moved to hats, then socks. Now I've decided to try a sweater. I thought the top down all in one piece with very little seaming would be a good start.

Oh, yeah, the yarn is Cascade 220 in a bright heathered turquoise.

4 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

hey jen -- your sweater looks rockin'! the blue looks superb, and welcome to the KAL.

i think you can do the M1 any way you want as long as it looks okay and you're consistent. i think i made mine knitwise, and it makes the seam detail a bit more prominent.

good luck with your first sweater (this is my third)... off to a great start!

7:56 PM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

I love that color! I'm not much of a blue fan, but I like that!

1:26 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

That's a beautiful colour yarn you chose!

Ever thought about anonyblogging? I'm also a bit shy - only a couple of people I personally know have seen my blog - but I do love blogging.

2:26 PM

 
Blogger jenknits said...

skirt, I've read your blog...you are no longer anonymous. I am considering a blog of my own but right now I'm stuck on a name/url. I also don't have a digital camera and I don't want to blog without pictures. I don't know if I have enough to say or how to say it but I'm thinking of giving it a try. Might keep me motivated to keep knitting, too.
Jen

6:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home