Friday, April 07, 2006

Cable issues (already)

Ok...so I'm cookin on the yoke, and I stop to study the cable chart. It looks to me like they *are* mirrored cables on the chart, but it's hard to tell with the bobbles in the photos. Can anyone help me out here? Is there something I'm not seeing? Christine, I think you were the one who made the comments about mirrored cables that caught my eye. What am I missing? Thank you SO MUCH!!!! :)



EDITED TO ADD...
Holy Crap, I'm such an idiot. I just took an (even closer) look and figured it out. The cables in the pattern are more of a braided look, while Christine's are actual *mirrored cables*. But, now I must know because I can't see from the pics...are they 4-stitch cables? 6-stitch? How did you work them into the 9 stitch cable chart? Thanks!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

hey -- i fudged the 9 stitch pattern into a 8 stitch 4-by-4 cable by just dropping one of the stitches and morphing it into the garter stitch. i am the master fudger.

hope this helps!

10:40 PM

 
Blogger Pig wot flies said...

It's a nine-stitch chart which combines two mirrored 4 stitch cables with a plain stitch between them. All wrong side rows are purled.
First right side row: plain knit
Second right side row: Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold to back of work, k2, k2 from cable needle. K1. Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold to front of work, k2, k2 from cable needle.
Third right side row: K4, make bobble, K4
Fourth right side row: k3, make bobble, k1, make bobble, k3.

Does that help?

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Pig wot flies said...

At least, that's what the written pattern does. I assume Christine's pattern is more like this:
All wrong side rows are purled.
First right side row: K8
Second right side row: Slip next 4 sts to cable needle and hold to back of work, k4, k4 from cable needle.
Third right side row: K8
Fourth right side row: K8.

You make it go the other way by holding the stitches in the crossover row in front instead of to the back.

All of which is probably obvious, but anyway! :-)

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home