Monday, March 20, 2006

Making progress

After *finally* sorting out cables, I've begun to make some real progress on my Forecast.

It's not that cables are difficult, I think - it's that I was exceptionally obtuse. Also, rather than watching a video of cabling online, I figured it would be good to wing it and see what happened. It was also one of the first times I've used a chart rather than written instructions, so I was doomed to knit and undo and knit again until I got it right for some time.

But it's all been worth it - I now have a body!




Okay, it's not a great photo, but you get the general idea. Those are 3-stitch bobbles, by the way - the 5- stitch ones were a bit wild for this first-time bobbler.

I've really enjoyed this pattern. It has been refreshing to knit something with such (comparatively) heavy yarn and large needles - a real change from KSH and laceweight stuff. Due to an unexpected warm spell, it has also been quite a hot project. But since I want this ready in time for winter (fast approaching) I've persisted.

I'm hoping to finish the body before we go on holiday this weekend. We're heading to Australia for 10 days and while I love knitting this, it's far to warm and bulky to be a travelling project, so I'll have to take a break from it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

I'm knitting mine out of Brown Sheep Nature Spun in Plumberry...pretty similar. I'm up to the ribbing on body.

4:08 PM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

Your Forecast looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product ...or at least the entire body.

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home