Monday, April 10, 2006

One-armed bandit

One arm down and only one left to go! Yippee!!



As much as I've enjoyed this pattern for what it's taught me - cabling, bobbling, and how to purl more quickly - I absolutely loathe the ribbing. It takes forever and is somehow extremely unsatisfying.

The original pattern does have the big advantage of minimising the ribbing.

So I'm thrilled to have finished one of the sleeves, at least.

The other thing I've really noticed about the mods is that they definitely require more wool. I'd already over-bought by ball, but find myself about a ball and a half short of what I'll need to finish up. As long as I don't do more than half a sleeve before Saturday (the first possible time to get to the yarn shop) I'll officially only have one project on the needles.

Yeah, I don't see that happening either.

2 Comments:

Blogger String Bean said...

Yay! You finished a sleeve! I'm almost there and I agree the ribbing is superbly boring. I go into a kind of trance when I knit the ribbing. Do you loathe the bobbles yet? Everytime I get excited that I'm almost done with a sleeve, I remember that I still have the other sleeve to knit - what a bummer.

1:20 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

Thanks for the encouragement :-)

I actually kind of missed the bobbles once I got to the ribbing.

And I'm with you on the sleeves. For my next project I'm thinking of starting with the sleeves, the the fronts, then the back - so the sleeves get some loving attention rather than the usual wrath!

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home