Finally, I've gotten my act together sufficiently to take some photos of my finished Forecast. She's been done for almost 2 months now!
Here she is, in her ublocked state:
I am inordinately proud of the buttons we found - quite a good match colour-wise, which is a challenge when you live in a place where handcrafts are a dying art.
I really enjoyed all aspects of this pattern other than picking up the armhole stitches, which I always detest. I'm sure it would have been better on dpns, but since I haven't tried them out yet, I used a circular (knitting the sleeves flat, y'see), and it was difficult for the first 10 rows or so.
Since I cant get a nice photo of the front of my Forecast, here's the back.
The colour isn't so good in this photo - it's more plummy, less reddish. Quite a beautiful yarn really (Jo Sharp DK in "aubergine"), and lovely to work with.
Somewhat unfortunately, the cardigan itself is not super-flattering to my shape, as it emphasises my generous bosom and shoulders more than is necessary. I still wear it a lot though - I love the colour, and it is really, really warm, which has come in handy for our recent cold snap!
I enjoyed this pattern a lot, but particularly enjoyed the KAL aspect. Watching other people knit their Forecasts has kept me motivated, and given me the confidence to modify this pattern as I've needed to. (It's also given me the confidence to modify other patterns, which is even better.)
In fact, I liked this so much, I'm quite keen to make one of these again - maybe as a birthday present for my mother...