Thursday, June 22, 2006

friggin' FINALLY


I've finally finished my Forecast (except for sewing on the buttons)! Just in time to move to muggy New York City. It finished blocking last night, and I was able to bring it out to knitting night at Sundara's. Now I just need to sew on the buttons. Only, I bought those woven leather buttons, and if I ever want to hand wash/reblock this sweater, I'll need to remove them. It was suggested that I attach the buttons with metal shanks on the wrongside of the button band. Anyone out there who knows how to do this? I'd love to hear your advice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Werker said...

I can't help re: buttons, but I can say your sweater looks fantastic. I love the colour!

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Dharmafey said...

You can find those shanks on the notions wall (with the buttons) at a big craft store. I just saw them at Hancock's this morning. They look like safety pins, but they have a dip in the pin part that let the button lay flat.

6:57 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

Stunning - well done!

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home