Wednesday, April 12, 2006

the pits!





Folks, I need some advice. I've been knitting the smallest size of the Forecast, and it seems to fit nicely so far, except for the arm pits. I already frogged my first attempt at the section that divides the sleeves and body because when I tried on the sweater, it dug into my arm pits. I reknit the pattern, adding 4 rows, and increasing by 16 stitches. I thought this would be enough to give my arms some room, but no. It's still digging in a little. Should a frog again and knit more rows before the sleeve/body divide, or what?

Sadness....

5 Comments:

Blogger The Skirt said...

Is it at all possible that the digging in is because of the circular needle still being there? Does it feel any less diggy if you put the stitches on a long piece of scrap yarn and try it on?

8:22 PM

 
Blogger Cirilia said...

I agree with the Skirt's comment, but if it isn't comfortable you could just repeat the two rows before dividing a few more times until it is comfortable (essentially following the numbers for the next size up).

5:34 AM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

I agree with Cirilia. Just knit until it fits.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger The Cope Family said...

I can't wait to hear what you come up with. I am broad-shouldered and if I have fit issues it's always in the pit area :) Good luck!! :)

Heidi

6:21 PM

 
Blogger Jenna said...

Daphne, I did one extra increase row, and then 6 more rows of straight garter - so 8 more rows total. You might not need the extra increase row, though - just knit on until it feels comfortable under the armpits.

4:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home