Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A very sunny Forecast

Hi everyone! I'm Jenna (aka Cinemaknits) and I love this knitalong already - seeing everyone's yarn and cable variations has been inspirational.

I started Forecast last week, and after a knitting break this weekend I'm back in business:
Forecast!
I'm using Beaverslide's worsted weight in Prairie Coneflower. It's BRIGHT, yes, but I like my knits bold. The yarn is a joy to work with, and I'll definitely be using it again - their range of colors is pretty phenomenal. In this picture I was about ready to divide for the sleeves. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I had to do a few extra rows before dividing to get a comfortable fit. Now I'm plugging away on the body, which I'll probably lengthen.

Detail on my cables/bobbles:
Cable detail on Forecast
I'm using a three-stitch bobble, and while they're still sticking out a lot I don't mind. I LOVE how textured Forecast is!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone's progress (and what you decide to do for buttons - right now I'm at a loss.) Knit on!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pig wot flies said...

Gorgeous colour. Looking good so far.

7:47 AM

 
Blogger carrie said...

that really is a lovely color!

8:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is looking great! The yarn looks really cool. I love how textured it is too.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger The Skirt said...

Yeah, that is a stunning colour. I'm looking forward to seeing a modelled pic when you're done!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger jenknits said...

Very sunny. That color will be perfect to wear on grey winter days.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Cirilia said...

Yellow is so underrated. Be careful with the website, you'll develop a button addiction and buy them for no good reason!

5:26 PM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

I love that yellow! I'm becoming more and more fond of yellows and oranges for some reason. Perhaps it's because of the season.

6:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home