Wednesday, January 24, 2007

forecast finished



It's been defying photography, but it's done. Complete with 294 bobbles and 196 cable crosses. And I love it!

Started: 20 April 2006

Finished: 19 January 2007

Yarn: 6 and a bit 100g balls of Rowanspun aran in Heath from Cucumberpatch.

Needles: 5mm and 4.5mm circulars.

Modifications: Not that many really. I did 5 stitch bobbles and the short cuffs as written. I missed out some of the raglan increases on the sleeve side to make the arms less enormous and then decreased again from 64 to 40 stitches before doing the cuffs. I extended the ribbing at the bottom. I did try adding short rows to the bust, but soon ripped it out again because it looked silly and wasn't needed because the garter stitch part is stretchy enough.

Cross-posted on Pigwotknits.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Mildred said...

The sweater looks good. I like the sleeves. I was going to do the sleeves as written too and now that I've seen yours I am convinced.

8:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home