Saturday, January 06, 2007

First knitalong


This is my first knitalong and I have to say that if it hadn't been for the blog I would not have realized how many mistakes I made.

First of all I read the chart upside down like others have and I got the spacing wrong by reading the chart as all right side rows but then I did something else which was accidentally start reading the chart as right side rows and wrong side rows after having done two repeats of the pattern so then I had to establish that as the pattern, two repeats with strechted out spacing and two rows with the right spacing. It still looks cute though and I like how the bobbles ( I did the five bobble)look like monkey faces. I am using Araucania Nature Wool color #28 on #5 and #7 addis needles. I also spaced on the sizing but I think I ended up making the medium size widthwisw but the large length. I really just made it as long as i thought looked good.

This picture shows the color a little better. I haven't quite decided what to do with the sleeves. I see some poeple are having trouble withthem. I think I might try them how it is written in the pattern Stephanie wrote. since the gauge is a little smaller than the pattern calls for I think the sleeves may come out okay. For more pictures and details check here.
ps is anyone else unable to get onto the glampyre blog?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home