Friday, December 22, 2006

Done!

Forecast_finished_1

Well, what can I say? I love it. It's warm and unique and flattering (I know, a little humility goes a long way). Seriously though, this was such a super-satisfying project...for many reasons...the yarn (Cascade 220 - a favorite, I hear) was great to work with, with good yardage ~ I made the whole thing with about 3 & 1/4 hanks. It's a super fast knit, keeps you engaged & best of all, it actually looks good & fits well.

Forecast_finished_4

As for the specs, I used size 8 & 10's Addi Turbos...I did the ever-famous alterations outlined here by Pinku. I also decreased by a few inches at the wrists (right before the 3 reverse st st rings) for a slimmer fit. The buttons are from, none other then Exclusive Buttons (you all know they're my favorite!).

Let's see...what else...ooh yeah! The pilling...eek, don't like the Cascade 220 pilling thing they've got going on, but I'll live with it - since it's the only real down side to this sweater. What? What's that you say? Ooh, why do my bobbles & cables look f'd up? OOh that! Uuhm...yeah, evidently, I don't know how to read charts...right...more on that here & how I almost e-mailed Stephanie to "correct her" (ouch! that would have been a painful conversation to have). Here's another picture...


Forecast_finished_5

Okay, I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping...er...I mean, start my Christmas shopping...

X-Posted at my blog (it's basically the same post, but feel free to stop by & say hi if you want!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Atia said...

this is beautiful, i actually like ur modified cables - looks less busy! what did you do different exactly?

5:15 AM

 
Blogger Happily Knit said...

It is 1:48 a.m.

I have class in the morning.

Your pictures have inspired me to start knitting this sweater. Now.

Absolutely gorgeous!

11:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home