Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finished Forecast!

Here is my finished Forecast. I really enjoyed making it, and I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to read about everyone's knitting journeys and the great modifications you came up with (several of which I used).

forecast1

I used about 8.5 balls of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes "Arctic Pool Heather."

Modifications: I knit the pattern as written except for the following changes: (1) I wanted to make approx. a 34 inch bust. My gauge was a little off, so I ended up using the instructions for the smallest size; (2) I lengthened the ribbed portion of the lower border on the body and switched from a US 5 to a US 6 needle halfway through to give the effect of a hip increase; (3) I started the lower border on the sleeves just below the elbow and made the sleeves a tad longer; (4) I made 3 stitch bobbles instead of 5 stitch bobbles.

For more pictures, and a bit more commentary, you can visit my new blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home