Monday, February 27, 2006

dashing all the way



Yay ...or maybe not. I've gotten 3" under the arm knit. I'm taking my sweet time because I am a poor sport and am not participating in the Knitting Olympics. This is why I don't swim competitively. Anymore. The cardigan doesn't meet in the middle yet because the circs are only 26" and they don't reach around as I wish them to. I also just got back from the yarn shop (Canvas Works). I bought two balls of sock yarn, a skein of Mountain Colors 4/8's wool, Crystal Palace size 7 dpns, Clover pink and blue hard plastic stitch markers, and the plastic stitch markers that look like little safety pins.

My mom is going to knit Forecast, too. She ordered 5 skeins of Cascade 220 in sage. I told her to post some pics on here when she knits a bit. She thinks she's going to use Wendy's modifications, too. Stephanie Japel may just have to rewrite her sweater pattern, yesno?

I'm hexing you all for being faster than me. :D

Whoo, I looked at my pics and saw all the scratches on my hands. This is what happens when you have three cats and two XL dogs. Gee. Here's a gratuitous shot of an XL dog, Toby.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice progress! are you doing a 5-stitch bobble or a 3-stitch one?

7:01 PM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

I'm doing a 3-stitch bobble. I have to agree with whoever said the five-stitch bobble looked like a tumor.

7:14 PM

 
Blogger Kim Werker said...

It looks great! The stitch definition is fabulous. And if it makes you feel any better, my pace has slowed down significantly. I've knit a whopping 5 rows on the first sleeve since I last posted.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Cirilia said...

Anyone know how I can post to this blog? It hasn't showed up in my Blogger profile yet, and I'd like to say hello...

4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home