Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hi, My name is Ingrid, I'm Estonian but currently living in Italy. Three days ago I started forecast (eventhough it's summer here) and have reached this far. You can see that I'm really enjoying the pattern :) Since there are no schematics included in the pattern my work is more difficult (about measuring and sizing), but I'm getting there.
I've made some alterations to the pattern to make it more comfy to work on.
  • I am knitting the garter stitch with knit rows instead of purls (it required some attention on the second row, but makes the process much faster)
  • I don't turn my work when knititng the bobbles, I simply pass the 5 stitches back to left needle, knit them and then pull 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th stitch over the last knit one. Again it makes the knitting way faster.
I have a question though... ho long does the ribbed part have to be/is? Since I substitued the yarn (unknown producer, 100% merino, softest merino I've gotten my hands on during last few years, bought from local market) the pattern instructions don't help me by saying "repeat 10 times" for the gauge is only given for garter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'd say just make it as long (or short) as you like it. The beauty of knitting this sweater top-down is that you can try it on as you go, so I'd say keep trying it on and stop the ribbing when you feel it's long enough (keeping in mind, of course, the edging rows).

6:52 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

that white(off-white/cream?) color looks great on Forecast. wish I could feel the merino, too :(

The ribbed part is kind of weird to me, too. but like sj said, just keep it going until you like the length.

9:47 AM

 
Blogger PippaW said...

Wow! You are such a good knitter. I totaly love the pattern!
I hope we'll meet one day or another, did you went to the Grigasco iniative at the Triennale these days? I'm thinking about going on sunday... and we still have our knitting on the sun project on hold! :-)

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home