Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hello Forecasters!

I know I'm a little late to the party, but my knitting skills weren't ready to take on this project until recently. I'm Mel and I live in L.A. This KAL has been so incredibly helpful! I read every entry before casting on and answered many questions for myself. I am in love with this pattern and it's been a breeze. The only mistake I made was in not knowing how to read a chart and not realizing that the WS rows were included. I thought all the rows were RS! My sweater would have been down to my knees......luckily, I figured out my error early on.
I'm using Cascasde 220 in Lime Heather. Man, do I love this yarn.

Do I need to be concerned that it looks a little small? I'm taking into account that several inches are crunched up under my arms on the needles and assuming that those added to additional inches of the button band will take care of the gap. It feels good under the arms.I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this blog, but if you are out there, come say hello!

www.girleatssoup.blogspot.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

don't worry too much about size. mine's a little snug too, but the button band and some blocking will easily take care of that :) that color looks great!

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

Mine was fitting smallish as well, but it's meant to be fitted and the garter stitch is actually pretty stretchy. If you're getting gauge and knitting the right size, you should be fine.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I had the same experience as Stephanie and SJ -- I don't think you should be worried at all.

9:05 AM

 
Blogger String Bean said...

You can wear wool in LA?

6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home